What a trip! We think the most amusing and aggravating part of the trip so far have been the "Evangotourist!"
After around 30 hours of traveling we made it to Entebbe Airport. Reminds of the Gulfport Mississippi airport. Everyone has been very pleasant and accommodating. Trevor's house is nice and the variety of flowers and plants is mind boggling. So when I post pictures and you see a bunch of flowers that's why.
We had a meeting Minister of Education this morning, but the President called a meeting of all the ministers so we are rescheduling. We have another meeting with the National Council of Sport (I think I have that right) this afternoon. Will update on the progress of those meetings as they happen.
Right now we are at the TKL and KKL offices which are housed in the same compound as the Acorn School. The Acorn School is an international school Trevor's wife Ann started here in Kampala. It is a nice school. I will post pictures later. They have outdoor classrooms!
Driving here is about the same as driving in downtown Atlanta rush hour traffic. You need to add about 100 people on bikes and motorcycles weaving in and out of trafffic, it is INSANE!
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment