Today we finally slept in! I think I got up around 7:00 am.
Trevor is a great host and got breakfast for us around 8:30/9:00am. As Trevor attended to some business Ardith and I brainstormed about the possibilities here and how we would lie to shape our course. The rest of the day was spent traveling to the Official Source of the Nile!
Not a bad ride. It only took about an 1 ½ hours to get there. Jinja is a beautiful place and was once home to a great deal of industry. There are several kayak and raft guide services as well as many accommodations so this could be a good spot for our students to visit.
The river is so unreal my words and pictures will not do it justice. Funny thing happened today as I was admiring the Nile. There were three sit on top kayaks on the on the Nile. From memory 2 singles and a double. I decided to take some long range photos of the paddlers as they went through a rapid. First single through, no problem. The double was second, no problem. The third kayak a single got tossed. I have not looked at the pictures but I do believe I got a picture of the kayaker holding on to the boat.
I must say that the weather is nice. It does get warm but not too hot. If you get hot you just move into the shade.
Tomorrow we go to the the American Embassy & Makerere University.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment