This “African Time” phenomenon is very real. I trip that should normally take about 6 hours took nearly 9 hrs. I have some pictures that will explain some of the difficulties of traveling here. The road was not quite as good as it use to be which made the drive extra slow. We are checking a place where students may be taken potentially for some R & R. Question marks have already been raised about this possibility but those are not for here.
We are on our way to Kasese to look at an example of a place where TKL might run a program. This will be very interesting. We have not really stop in any local villages so I am looking forward to the experience.
Today we did pass the Equator!!!!!!!!!!!! Super cool! The GPS did read all 0's. Well almost! I was on the North side when I looked so it was something like 00 00.005. We have some pictures to prove it as well. We did not get to do it but there was a sink on either side and one one the Equator so you can watch the water flow. As I said we missed that because no one was around to show us. It is a paid event.
Pretty worn out so that's it for now.
Coordinates
S 00 11.320
E 029 53.971
No comments:
Post a Comment