Ok...Let's talk about the food!
For breakfast we had fresh coffee. Not freshly ground coffee, I mean coffee that was just roasted and packaged on Friday of last week! It was good. Other than that we had some cereal that was similar to what we can get in the States.
For lunch we ate a Chinese restaurant. I know...you go all the way to Africa to eat Chinese! Well there is a growing Chinese influence in Uganda and Africa as a whole. It was good and only cost us $20 for the 4 of us. Trevor, Ardith,myself, and Emma. Emma is the The Kid's League manager. She is quite nice.
African time has been mentioned over the past year. I am starting to understand. As I will post pictures later it is crazy driving around here! You have to see it to believe it.
We did meet with the National Council on Sport Jasper Aligawesa and Justine Ligalingi. They were very receptive and want to meet with us again for lunch before we leave on Tuesday. This was a good result and could lead to other opportunities.
We stopped by a local mall near Trevor's. Much like our mall's a cell phone store, book store, grocery store (Wal-Mart or Target). There was an interesting sign for the bathroom which I will post soon. We did a little shopping and bought a cell phone for $30 and a few phone cards for about $20 (which is below $.50 a minute). This is a must if your phone will not support the local sim cards.
Harriet is the house staff and made a great dinner of Talapia, potatoes, salad, and mixed veggies. I must say that the local beers are quite adequate. Not sure why but the beers are all lager style and no ales!
I am sitting with Trevor right now and learning Cricket. Fascinating.
Here are some coordinates for you!
The Mall
N 00 14.450
E 032 33.813
Gas Station
N 00 17.199
E 032 34.158
Kampala
N 00 18.588
E 032 34.781
KKL
N 00 19.562
E 032 34.628
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment